Saturday, October 10, 2009

Towards my destiny:

When My Destiny is pre-determined - then why should i work towards it? At the end of every day, when I think back and retrace the course of events, I often realize that some days are specifically luckier to me than others.

Taking a simple example like catching a train, on one day, even though I would have reached the station 5 mins late, the train could get delayed enabling me to catch it, but on another day even though I could have started an hour in advance, I could have but got caught in the traffic and missed the train. If I ask myself, the only explanation I can give is that maybe, it was not my lucky day or on the contrary, maybe I was destined for something good.

If everything is ruled by my destiny, then why should I work at all. Why should I ever run to catch a train, if I know that I will get it only when I am destined to?

But if I think further, Wherever, I have read about successful people in life, I have always read that they have been the architects of their destiny. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said “ Do not follow where the path may lead. Go Instead where there is no path and leave a trial” They have created their trial and left their mark.

Does that mean destiny is irrelevant. If so, then why are two people with equal aptitude not at equal levels in life. Why do all efforts not get commensurate results. Why does one person’s reasonable effort fetch him more return than another person’s vigorous efforts. Of-course, efforts are for sure a prerequisite, but why does it break even at varied readings on the X and Y Axis between individuals.

If you examine deeper this strange paradox called life, - the vicious or a virtuous circle we all orbit in, Isnt it true that a person destined to be successful always find a way to work towards it. But isnt it equally true that any person who puts in determined efforts is destined to succeed.

Maybe, you can call the blend of hard work and destiny a chemical reaction, wherein each component blends in such a way that we never realize which component has contributed what proportion to the final outcome called success. But then one thing is for sure, both of them are critical, and one has to make up for the deficiency in the other. And since, we can never judge the deficiency in either cases, and only one of the variables is controllable by us, I guess, we try and push it to the optimum to attain better results. And maybe, that is why people who work more and more harder always end up kissing the peak of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks a ton for your nice views on my post